It is still a robust library for formatting date and time, despite the fact that the last official release was quite some time ago and has not been updated since.
The DateJS syntax overview
Here are some examples of DateJS syntax, however you can visit complete details on GitHub to get information about the parsing, chaining, Comparison, Converting to String, and much more.
It is widely used in the community, receives frequent updates, and comes with extensive instructions on how to use it.
How to install moment.js?
There are many package managers to install a moment.js. You can use npm, yarn, or any other package manager to get it.
# install moment.js # npm npm install moment --save # Yarn yarn add moment # NuGet Install-Package Moment.js # spm spm install moment --save # meteor meteor add momentjs:moment ##
The Syntax overview for moment.js
If time zones are a major concern, Luxon is the way to go. It’s never fun to deal with time zones, so it’s good to have a library that just works.
Because adding a time zone database is complicated and adds a lot of weight to the final size, most date libraries don’t have it built-in.
Best Features of Luxon
- Types include DateTime, Duration, and Interval.
- API that is immutable, chainable, and unambiguous.
- Formatting and parsing for both standard and bespoke formats.
- Intl support and native time zone (no locale or tz files).
How to install Luxon?
Luxon offers a variety of builds for various JS environments. A link to the correct one, as well as instructions on how to utilize it, is provided here.
Some Luxon Code examples
It works with the majority of modern browsers and has a comparable API to Moment.js. Day.js, on the other hand, has certain additional benefits, as detailed in its documentation.
It’s immutable, it’s a small library (max 2 KB), it’s slightly faster, and locales are only included in your build if you use it.
Day.js API overview
Best Features of Date-fns
- It contains over 200 functionalities for a variety of uses.
- Choose what you need from a modular system. Supports tree-shaking and works with webpack, Browserify, or Rollup.
- Native dates: Makes use of the native type that already exists. For the purpose of safety, it does not extend core objects.
- Built using pure functions and always returns a new date instance, this class is immutable and pure.
- I18n: Dozens of locations TypeScript & Flow: Supports both Flow and TypeScript Only include what you require.
It is available to install with NPM and Yarn.
npm i date-fns
npm install date-fns --save
yarn add date-fns
Syntax overview of Date-fns