Table of Contents
Cheerio is a fast, lightweight, and flexible library that is particularly good for handling HTML documents. It has a simple API and you can easily integrate it into existing projects.
Features of Cheerio
It is simple and provides a jQuery-like interface for accessing and manipulating the document. Cheerio works with various web scraping tools, including request, cheerio-httpcli, and htmlparser2.
Puppeteer is a newer library that provides a high-level API for controlling headless Chrome. It is ideal for more complex scraping tasks that require interaction with the web page, such as filling out forms.
Features of Puppeteer
- Support for both headless and full (GUI) mode scraping
- Ability to scrape websites that are behind a login
- Ability to scrape infinite scroll pages
- Ability to scrape AJAX-heavy websites
- Support for cookies and other session data
- Ability to take screenshots and PDFs of the page
- Ability to run in parallel across multiple pages or tabs